Aliases for SCYGR10 Gene
- Small Cysteine And Glycine Repeat Containing 10 (Gene/Pseudogene) 2 3 5
- KRTAP28p2 2 3 4
- Keratin Associated Protein 28 Family Pseudogene 2 2 3
- Keratin Associated Protein 28-910 2 3
- KRTAP28-10 2 3
- Small Cysteine And Glycine Repeat-Containing Protein 10 4
- Keratin-Associated Protein 28 Family Pseudogene 2 4
- SCYGR10 5
GeneCards Summary for SCYGR10 Gene
SCYGR10 (Small Cysteine And Glycine Repeat Containing 10 (Gene/Pseudogene)) is a Protein Coding gene.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SCYGR10 Gene
In the hair cortex, hair keratin intermediate filaments are embedded in an interfilamentous matrix, consisting of hair keratin-associated proteins (KRTAP), which are essential for the formation of a rigid and resistant hair shaft through their extensive disulfide bond cross-linking with abundant cysteine residues of hair keratins. The matrix proteins include the high-sulfur and high-glycine-tyrosine keratins.