Aliases for SAT2 Gene
- Spermidine/Spermine N1-Acetyltransferase Family Member 2 2 3 5
- Spermidine/Spermine N(1)-Acetyltransferase 2 3 4
- Thialysine N-Epsilon-Acetyltransferase 3 4
- Polyamine N-Acetyltransferase 2 3 4
- Diamine N-Acetyltransferase 2 2 3
- Diamine Acetyltransferase 2 3 4
- SSAT2 3 4
- Spermidine/Spermine N1-Acetyltransferase 2 2
- EC 126.96.36.199 4
External Ids for SAT2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for SAT2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for SAT2 Gene
SAT2 (Spermidine/Spermine N1-Acetyltransferase Family Member 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Arginine and proline metabolism and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring acyl groups other than amino-acyl groups and diamine N-acetyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is SAT1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for SAT2 Gene
Enzyme which catalyzes the acetylation of polyamines. Substrate specificity: norspermidine > spermidine = spermine >> N(1)acetylspermine = putrescine.