Aliases for RO60 Gene
- Ro60, Y RNA Binding Protein 2 3 5
- 60 KDa SS-A/Ro Ribonucleoprotein 2 3 4
- TROVE Domain Family Member 2 2 3 4
- Sjoegren Syndrome Type A Antigen 3 4
- 60 KDa Ribonucleoprotein Ro 3 4
- Ro60 Autoantigen 3 4
- Ro/SSA 60kDa 2 3
- TROVE2 3 4
- SSA2 3 4
- Sjogren Syndrome Antigen A2 (60kDa, Ribonucleoprotein Autoantigen SS-A/Ro) 2
External Ids for RO60 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for RO60 Gene
GeneCards Summary for RO60 Gene
RO60 (Ro60, Y RNA Binding Protein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with RO60 include Sjogren Syndrome and Lupus Erythematosus. Among its related pathways are Activated PKN1 stimulates transcription of AR (androgen receptor) regulated genes KLK2 and KLK3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for RO60 Gene
RNA-binding protein that binds to misfolded non-coding RNAs, pre-5S rRNA, and several small cytoplasmic RNA molecules known as Y RNAs. May stabilize some of these RNAs and protect them from degradation (PubMed:18056422). Binds to endogenous Alu retroelements which are induced by type I interferon and stimulate porinflammaotry cytokine secretion. Regulates the expression of Alu retroelements as well as inflammatory genes (PubMed:26382853).
May play roles in cilia formation and/or maintenance.