Aliases for RALY Gene
- HnRNP Core Protein C-Like 2 3 4
- RNA-Binding Protein Raly 3 4
- Autoantigen P542 3 4
- RNA Binding Protein, Autoantigenic (HnRNP-Associated With Lethal Yellow Homolog (Mouse)) 2
- RNA Binding Protein, Autoantigenic (HnRNP-Associated With Lethal Yellow Homolog) 3
- RNA-Binding Protein (Autoantigenic) 3
- RALY 5
External Ids for RALY Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for RALY Gene
This gene encodes a member of the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) gene family. This protein may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing and in embryonic development. Alternate splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011]
GeneCards Summary for RALY Gene
RALY (RALY Heterogeneous Nuclear Ribonucleoprotein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with RALY include Skin Carcinoma In Situ and Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding and RNA binding. An important paralog of this gene is RALYL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for RALY Gene
RNA-binding protein that acts as a transcriptional cofactor for cholesterol biosynthetic genes in the liver. Binds the lipid-responsive non-coding RNA LeXis and is required for LeXis-mediated effect on cholesterogenesis (By similarity). May be a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) (PubMed:9376072).