Aliases for PPP3CC Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 3 Catalytic Subunit Gamma 2 3 5
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2B Catalytic Subunit Gamma Isoform 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 3 (Formerly 2B), Catalytic Subunit, Gamma Isoform 2 3
- Calmodulin-Dependent Calcineurin A Subunit Gamma Isoform 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 2B, Catalytic Subunit, Gamma Isoform 2 3
- Protein Phosphatase 3, Catalytic Subunit, Gamma Isozyme 2 3
- Calcineurin, Testis-Specific Catalytic Subunit 3 4
External Ids for PPP3CC Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP3CC Gene
Calcineurin is a calcium-dependent, calmodulin-stimulated protein phosphatase involved in the downstream regulation of dopaminergic signal transduction. Calcineurin is composed of a regulatory subunit and a catalytic subunit. The protein encoded by this gene represents one of the regulatory subunits that has been found for calcineurin. Three transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2011]
GeneCards Summary for PPP3CC Gene
PPP3CC (Protein Phosphatase 3 Catalytic Subunit Gamma) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP3CC include Schizophrenia 11 and Schizophrenia. Among its related pathways are Oxytocin signaling pathway and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include hydrolase activity and phosphoprotein phosphatase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PPP3CA.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PPP3CC Gene
Calcium-dependent, calmodulin-stimulated protein phosphatase which plays an essential role in the transduction of intracellular Ca(2+)-mediated signals. Dephosphorylates and activates transcription factor NFATC1. Dephosphorylates and inactivates transcription factor ELK1. Dephosphorylates DARPP32.