Aliases for PPP2R5E Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Epsilon 2 3 5
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2A 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit Epsilon Isoform 3 4
- B56epsilon 2 3
- B56E 2 3
- Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2A, 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit, Epsilon 3
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B (B56), Epsilon Isoform 2
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B', Epsilon 3
- PP2A B Subunit Isoform PR61-Epsilon 4
External Ids for PPP2R5E Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2R5E Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit B family. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity. This gene encodes an epsilon isoform of the regulatory subunit B56 subfamily. Multiple transcript variants encoding several different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2013]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2R5E Gene
PPP2R5E (Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Epsilon) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP2R5E include Syndromic Intellectual Disability. Among its related pathways are RET signaling and S37 mutants of beta-catenin arent phosphorylated. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include binding. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2R5A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PPP2R5E Gene
The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity, and also might direct the localization of the catalytic enzyme to a particular subcellular compartment.