Aliases for PPP2R5D Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Delta 2 3 5
- Serine/Threonine-Protein Phosphatase 2A 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit Delta Isoform 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 2, Regulatory Subunit B (B56), Delta Isoform 2 3
- Serine/Threonine Protein Phosphatase 2A, 56 KDa Regulatory Subunit, Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, PR61 Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, B56 Delta Isoform 3
- PP2A, B Subunit, B' Delta Isoform 3
External Ids for PPP2R5D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP2R5D Gene
The product of this gene belongs to the phosphatase 2A regulatory subunit B family. Protein phosphatase 2A is one of the four major Ser/Thr phosphatases, and it is implicated in the negative control of cell growth and division. It consists of a common heteromeric core enzyme, which is composed of a catalytic subunit and a constant regulatory subunit, that associates with a variety of regulatory subunits. The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity. This gene encodes a delta isoform of the regulatory subunit B56 subfamily. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PPP2R5D Gene
PPP2R5D (Protein Phosphatase 2 Regulatory Subunit B'Delta) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP2R5D include Mental Retardation, Autosomal Dominant 35 and Ppp2r5d-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder. Among its related pathways are Activated TLR4 signalling and PI3K/AKT activation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include binding. An important paralog of this gene is PPP2R5C.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PPP2R5D Gene
The B regulatory subunit might modulate substrate selectivity and catalytic activity, and also might direct the localization of the catalytic enzyme to a particular subcellular compartment.