Aliases for PPP1R1B Gene
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Inhibitor Subunit 1B 2 3 5
- Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Subunit 1B 3 4
- DARPP-32 3 4
- DARPP32 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory (Inhibitor) Subunit 1B 2
- Dopamine And CAMP-Regulated Neuronal Phosphoprotein 32 3
- Dopamine- And CAMP-Regulated Neuronal Phosphoprotein 4
- Dopamine And CAMP Regulated Phosphoprotein 2
External Ids for PPP1R1B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PPP1R1B Gene
This gene encodes a bifunctional signal transduction molecule. Dopaminergic and glutamatergic receptor stimulation regulates its phosphorylation and function as a kinase or phosphatase inhibitor. As a target for dopamine, this gene may serve as a therapeutic target for neurologic and psychiatric disorders. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2011]
GeneCards Summary for PPP1R1B Gene
PPP1R1B (Protein Phosphatase 1 Regulatory Inhibitor Subunit 1B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PPP1R1B include Heart Disease and Schizophrenia. Among its related pathways are ERK Signaling and DAG and IP3 signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include protein phosphatase inhibitor activity. An important paralog of this gene is PPP1R1A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PPP1R1B Gene
Inhibitor of protein-phosphatase 1.