Aliases for POLR2K Gene
- RNA Polymerase II, I And III Subunit K 2 3
- RNA Polymerase II Subunit K 2 3 5
- RPB10alpha 2 3 4
- DNA-Directed RNA Polymerases I, II, And III Subunit RPABC4 3 4
- Polymerase (RNA) II (DNA Directed) Polypeptide K, 7.0kDa 2 3
- RNA Polymerases I, II, And III Subunit ABC4 3 4
- DNA-Directed RNA Polymerase II Subunit K 3 4
- RNA Polymerase II 7.0 KDa Subunit 3 4
External Ids for POLR2K Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for POLR2K Gene
This gene encodes one of the smallest subunits of RNA polymerase II, the polymerase responsible for synthesizing messenger RNA in eukaryotes. This subunit is shared by the other two DNA-directed RNA polymerases. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for POLR2K Gene
POLR2K (RNA Polymerase II, I And III Subunit K) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase II Transcription Initiation And Promoter Clearance and Transcription-Coupled Nucleotide Excision Repair (TC-NER). Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include DNA-directed 5'-3' RNA polymerase activity and RNA polymerase I activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for POLR2K Gene
DNA-dependent RNA polymerase catalyzes the transcription of DNA into RNA using the four ribonucleoside triphosphates as substrates. Common component of RNA polymerases I, II and III which synthesize ribosomal RNA precursors, mRNA precursors and many functional non-coding RNAs, and a small RNAs, such as 5S rRNA and tRNAs, respectively.