Aliases for PNLDC1 Gene
- PARN Like, Ribonuclease Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- Poly(A)-Specific Ribonuclease (PARN)-Like Domain Containing 1 2 3
- Poly(A)-Specific Ribonuclease Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- PARN-Like Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Poly(A)-Specific Ribonuclease PNLDC1 3 4
- HsPNLDC1 3 4
- Poly(A)-Specific Ribonuclease PARN-Like Domain-Containing Protein 1 3
- EC 126.96.36.199 4
External Ids for PNLDC1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PNLDC1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PNLDC1 Gene
PNLDC1 (PARN Like, Ribonuclease Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include nucleic acid binding. An important paralog of this gene is PARN.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PNLDC1 Gene
3'-exoribonuclease that has a preference for poly(A) tails of mRNAs, thereby efficiently degrading poly(A) tails (PubMed:27515512). Exonucleolytic degradation of the poly(A) tail is often the first step in the decay of eukaryotic mRNAs and is also used to silence certain maternal mRNAs translationally during oocyte maturation and early embryonic development (PubMed:27515512). May act as a regulator of multipotency in embryonic stem cells (By similarity).