Aliases for PLPP6 Gene
- Phospholipid Phosphatase 6 2 3 5
- Presqualene Diphosphate Phosphatase 2 3 4
- Phosphatidic Acid Phosphatase Type 2 Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- Phosphatidic Acid Phosphatase Type 2 Domain Containing 2 2 3
- Polyisoprenoid Diphosphate Phosphatase Type 1 2 3
- PPAP2 Domain-Containing Protein 2 3 4
- PPAPDC2 3 4
External Ids for PLPP6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PLPP6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLPP6 Gene
PLPP6 (Phospholipid Phosphatase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Inhibitory action of Lipoxins on Superoxide production in neutrophils and DAG and IP3 signaling. An important paralog of this gene is PLPP7.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PLPP6 Gene
Phosphatase that dephosphorylates presqualene diphosphate (PSDP) into presqualene monophosphate (PSMP), suggesting that it may be indirectly involved in innate immunity. PSDP is a bioactive lipid that rapidly remodels to presqualene monophosphate PSMP upon cell activation. Displays diphosphate phosphatase activity with a substrate preference for PSDP > FDP > phosphatidic acid.