Aliases for PLEKHF1 Gene
- Pleckstrin Homology And FYVE Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- ZFYVE15 2 3 4
- APPD 2 3 4
- Lysosome-Associated Apoptosis-Inducing Protein Containing PH And FYVE Domains 3 4
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain Containing, Family F (With FYVE Domain) Member 1 2 3
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain-Containing Family F Member 1 3 4
- Zinc Finger FYVE Domain-Containing Protein 15 3 4
- PH And FYVE Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
External Ids for PLEKHF1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PLEKHF1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLEKHF1 Gene
PLEKHF1 (Pleckstrin Homology And FYVE Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PLEKHF1 include 46,Xy Sex Reversal 8 and Congenital Anomalies Of Kidney And Urinary Tract 2. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol-3-phosphate binding and phosphatidylinositol-5-phosphate binding. An important paralog of this gene is PLEKHF2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PLEKHF1 Gene
May induce apoptosis through the lysosomal-mitochondrial pathway. Translocates to the lysosome initiating the permeabilization of lysosomal membrane (LMP) and resulting in the release of CTSD and CTSL to the cytoplasm. Triggers the caspase-independent apoptosis by altering mitochondrial membrane permeabilization (MMP) resulting in the release of PDCD8.