Aliases for PLEKHA8 Gene
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain Containing A8 2 3 5
- Pleckstrin Homology Domain Containing, Family A (Phosphoinositide Binding Specific) Member 8 2 3
- Phosphatidylinositol-Four-Phosphate Adapter Protein 2 3 4
- Serologically Defined Breast Cancer Antigen NY-BR-86 3 4
- Phosphoinositol 4-Phosphate Adapter Protein 2 3 4
- PH Domain-Containing Family A Member 8 3 4
External Ids for PLEKHA8 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PLEKHA8 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLEKHA8 Gene
PLEKHA8 (Pleckstrin Homology Domain Containing A8) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Cholesterol and Sphingolipids transport / Transport from Golgi and ER to the apical membrane (normal and CF). Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate binding and glycolipid transporter activity. An important paralog of this gene is PLEKHA3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PLEKHA8 Gene
Cargo transport protein that is required for apical transport from the Golgi complex. Transports AQP2 from the trans-Golgi network (TGN) to sites of AQP2 phosphorylation. Mediates the non-vesicular transport of glucosylceramide (GlcCer) from the trans-Golgi network (TGN) to the plasma membrane and plays a pivotal role in the synthesis of complex glycosphingolipids. Binding of both phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate (PIP) and ARF1 are essential for the GlcCer transfer ability. Also required for primary cilium formation, possibly by being involved in the transport of raft lipids to the apical membrane, and for membrane tubulation.