Aliases for PLCL1 Gene
- Phospholipase C Like 1 (Inactive) 2 3 5
- PRIP 2 3 4
- Phospholipase C-Related But Catalytically Inactive Protein 3 4
- Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 127 2 3
- Phospholipase C-Deleted In Lung Carcinoma 3 4
- Inactive Phospholipase C-Like Protein 1 3 4
- Phospholipase C, Epsilon 2 3
- Phospholipase C-Like 1 2 3
External Ids for PLCL1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PLCL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PLCL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PLCL1 Gene
PLCL1 (Phospholipase C Like 1 (Inactive)) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PLCL1 include Glass Syndrome and Astigmatism. Among its related pathways are VEGF Signaling and Proton Pump Inhibitor Pathway, Pharmacodynamics. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and phosphoric diester hydrolase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PLCL2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PLCL1 Gene
Involved in an inositol phospholipid-based intracellular signaling cascade. Shows no PLC activity to phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and phosphatidylinositol. Component in the phospho-dependent endocytosis process of GABA A receptor (By similarity). Regulates the turnover of receptors and thus contributes to the maintenance of GABA-mediated synaptic inhibition. Its aberrant expression could contribute to the genesis and progression of lung carcinoma. Acts as an inhibitor of PPP1C.