Aliases for PITPNM2 Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol Transfer Protein Membrane Associated 2 2 3 5
- NIR-3 3 4
- NIR3 3 4
- Phosphatidylinositol Transfer Protein, Membrane Associated 2 2
- Phosphatidylinositol Transfer Protein, Membrane-Associated 2 4
- Membrane-Associated Phosphatidylinositol Transfer Protein 2 3
- PYK2 N-Terminal Domain-Interacting Receptor 3 3
External Ids for PITPNM2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PITPNM2 Gene
PITPNM2 belongs to a family of membrane-associated phosphatidylinositol transfer domain-containing proteins that share homology with the Drosophila retinal degeneration B (rdgB) protein (Ocaka et al., 2005 [PubMed 15627748]).[supplied by OMIM, Mar 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PITPNM2 Gene
PITPNM2 (Phosphatidylinositol Transfer Protein Membrane Associated 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PITPNM2 include Retinal Degeneration. Among its related pathways are Glycerophospholipid biosynthesis and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and lipid binding. An important paralog of this gene is PITPNM1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PITPNM2 Gene
Catalyzes the transfer of phosphatidylinositol and phosphatidylcholine between membranes (in vitro). Binds calcium ions.