Aliases for PIPSL Gene
- PIP5K1A And PSMD4 Like (Pseudogene) 2 3 5
- Proteasome (Prosome, Macropain) 26S Subunit, Non-ATPase, 4, Pseudogene 2 2 3
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase, Type I-Like 1 2 3
- Putative PIP5K1A And PSMD4-Like Protein 3 4
- PIP5K1A-PSMD4 3 4
- PSMD4P2 3 4
- Phosphatidylinositol-4-Phosphate 5-Kinase, Type I, Alpha Pseudogene 3
External Ids for PIPSL Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PIPSL Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIPSL Gene
This locus is a transcribed pseudogene with similarity to two adjacent chromosome 1 loci: phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 5-kinase, type I, alpha (PIP5K1A, GeneID 8394) and proteasome (prosome, macropain) 26S subunit, non-ATPase, 4 (PSMD4, GeneID 5710). The pseudogene is believed to have occurred from L1 retrotransposition into chromosome 10 of a read-through transcript between the two adjacent loci. Evidence of transcription has been found (PubMed IDs: 16344562 and 17623810), but the latter publication found no evidence that the predicted protein is translated. The NCBI RefSeq Project therefore continues to treat this as a transcribed pseudogene. [provided by RefSeq, Jan 2009]
GeneCards Summary for PIPSL Gene
PIPSL (PIP5K1A And PSMD4 Like (Pseudogene)) is a Pseudogene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phosphatidylinositol phosphate kinase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PIPSL Gene
Has negligible PIP5 kinase activity. Binds to ubiquitinated proteins.