Aliases for PIN4 Gene
- Peptidylprolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase, NIMA-Interacting 4 2 3 5
- Peptidyl-Prolyl Cis-Trans Isomerase Pin4 3 4
- Peptidyl-Prolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase EPVH 3 4
- Parvulin-14 3 4
- Parvulin-17 3 4
- Parvulin 2 3
- HPar14 3 4
- HPar17 3 4
- HEPVH 3 4
- Protein (Peptidyl-Prolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase) NIMA-Interacting, 4 (Parvulin) 2
- Protein (Peptidylprolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase) NIMA-Interacting, 4 (Parvulin) 3
- Peptidyl-Prolyl Cis-Trans Isomerase NIMA-Interacting 4 3
- Peptidylprolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase NIMA-Interacting, 4 2
External Ids for PIN4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIN4 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the parvulin subfamily of the peptidyl-prolyl cis/trans isomerase protein family. The encoded protein catalyzes the isomerization of peptidylprolyl bonds, and may play a role in the cell cycle, chromatin remodeling, and/or ribosome biogenesis. The encoded protein may play an additional role in the mitochondria. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2009]
GeneCards Summary for PIN4 Gene
PIN4 (Peptidylprolyl Cis/Trans Isomerase, NIMA-Interacting 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIN4 Gene
Isoform 1 is involved as a ribosomal RNA processing factor in ribosome biogenesis. Binds to tightly bent AT-rich stretches of double-stranded DNA.
Isoform 2 binds to double-stranded DNA.