Aliases for PIGU Gene
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class U 2 3 5
- Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class U Protein 3 4
- CDC91 (Cell Division Cycle 91, S. Cerevisiae, Homolog)-Like 1 2 3
- Cell Division Cycle Protein 91-Like 1 3 4
- GPI Transamidase Component PIG-U 3 4
- GPI Transamidase Subunit 2 3
- Protein CDC91-Like 1 3 4
External Ids for PIGU Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PIGU Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIGU Gene
The protein encoded by this gene shares similarity with Saccharomyces cerevisiae Cdc91, a predicted integral membrane protein that may function in cell division control. The protein encoded by this gene is the fifth subunit of GPI transamidase that attaches GPI-anchors to proteins. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for PIGU Gene
PIGU (Phosphatidylinositol Glycan Anchor Biosynthesis Class U) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PIGU include Neurodevelopmental Disorder With Brain Anomalies, Seizures, And Scoliosis. Among its related pathways are Post-translational modification- synthesis of GPI-anchored proteins and Metabolism of proteins. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include GPI anchor binding and GPI-anchor transamidase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PIGU Gene
Component of the GPI transamidase complex. May be involved in the recognition of either the GPI attachment signal or the lipid portion of GPI.