Aliases for PIAS4 Gene
- Protein Inhibitor Of Activated STAT 4 2 3 5
- Protein Inhibitor Of Activated STAT Protein Gamma 3 4
- Protein Inhibitor Of Activated STAT Protein 4 3 4
- RING-Type E3 Ubiquitin Transferase PIAS4 3 4
- Zinc Finger, MIZ-Type Containing 6 2 3
- PIAS-Gamma 3 4
- Protein Inhibitor Of Activated STAT Protein PIASy 3
- E3 SUMO-Protein Ligase PIAS4 3
External Ids for PIAS4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PIAS4 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PIAS4 Gene
PIAS4 (Protein Inhibitor Of Activated STAT 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Cell Cycle, Mitotic and NF-kappa B signaling pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include ligase activity and SUMO transferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PIAS1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PIAS4 Gene
Functions as an E3-type small ubiquitin-like modifier (SUMO) ligase, stabilizing the interaction between UBE2I and the substrate, and as a SUMO-tethering factor. Plays a crucial role as a transcriptional coregulation in various cellular pathways, including the STAT pathway, the p53/TP53 pathway, the Wnt pathway and the steroid hormone signaling pathway. Involved in gene silencing. Mediates sumoylation of CEBPA, PARK7, HERC2, MYB, TCF4 and RNF168. In Wnt signaling, represses LEF1 and enhances TCF4 transcriptional activities through promoting their sumoylations. Enhances the sumoylation of MTA1 and may participate in its paralog-selective sumoylation.