Aliases for PERM1 Gene
- PPARGC1 And ESRR Induced Regulator, Muscle 1 2 3 5
- PGC-1 And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle Protein 1 3 3 4
- Peroxisome Proliferator-Activated Receptor Gamma Coactivator 1 And Estrogen-Related Receptor-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3 4
- PPARGC1 And ESRR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3 4
- C1orf170 3 4
- PGC-1- And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 2
- PGC-1 And ERR-Induced Regulator In Muscle 1 3
- Chromosome 1 Open Reading Frame 170 2
External Ids for PERM1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PERM1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PERM1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PERM1 Gene
PERM1 (PPARGC1 And ESRR Induced Regulator, Muscle 1) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is PRRT3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PERM1 Gene
Regulates the expression of selective PPARGC1A/B and ESRRA/B/G target genes with roles in glucose and lipid metabolism, energy transfer, contractile function, muscle mitochondrial biogenesis and oxidative capacity. Required for the efficient induction of MT-CO2, MT-CO3, COX4I1, TFB1M, TFB2M, POLRMT and SIRT3 by PPARGC1A. Positively regulates the PPARGC1A/ESRRG-induced expression of CKMT2, TNNI3 and SLC2A4 and negatively regulates the PPARGC1A/ESRRG-induced expression of PDK4.