Aliases for PDHA2 Gene
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Alpha 2 Subunit 2 3 5
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (Lipoamide) Alpha 2 2 3
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Alpha 2 2 3
- PDHE1-A Type II 3 4
- PDHAL 3 4
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Component Subunit Alpha, Testis-Specific Form, Mitochondrial 3
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase, E1-Alpha Polypeptide, Testis Specific 3
- EC 184.108.40.206 4
External Ids for PDHA2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PDHA2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDHA2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PDHA2 Gene
PDHA2 (Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Alpha 2 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PDHA2 include Spermatogenic Failure 1. Among its related pathways are Central carbon metabolism in cancer and HIF-1 signaling pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity, acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donors, disulfide as acceptor and pyruvate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring) activity. An important paralog of this gene is PDHA1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PDHA2 Gene
The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the overall conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA and CO(2), and thereby links the glycolytic pathway to the tricarboxylic cycle.