Aliases for PDHA2 Gene
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Alpha 2 Subunit 2 3 5
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Component Subunit Alpha, Testis-Specific Form, Mitochondrial 3 4
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase (Lipoamide) Alpha 2 2 3
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Alpha 2 2 3
- PDHE1-A Type II 3 4
- EC 18.104.22.168 4 54
- PDHAL 3 4
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase, E1-Alpha Polypeptide, Testis Specific 3
External Ids for PDHA2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PDHA2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDHA2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PDHA2 Gene
PDHA2 (Pyruvate Dehydrogenase E1 Alpha 2 Subunit) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PDHA2 include Spermatogenic Failure 1. Among its related pathways are Pyruvate metabolism and Carbon metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity, acting on the aldehyde or oxo group of donors, disulfide as acceptor and pyruvate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring) activity. An important paralog of this gene is PDHA1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PDHA2 Gene
The pyruvate dehydrogenase complex catalyzes the overall conversion of pyruvate to acetyl-CoA and CO(2), and thereby links the glycolytic pathway to the tricarboxylic cycle.