Aliases for PDE4D Gene
- Phosphodiesterase 4D 2 3 5
- CAMP-Specific 3',5'-Cyclic Phosphodiesterase 4D 2 3 4
- DPDE3 3 4
- PDE43 3 4
- Phosphodiesterase 4D, CAMP-Specific (Dunce (Drosophila)-Homolog Phosphodiesterase E3) 2
- Phosphodiesterase 4D, CAMP-Specific (Phosphodiesterase E3 Dunce Homolog, Drosophila) 3
- Phosphodiesterase E3 Dunce Homolog (Drosophila) 2
- CAMP-Specific Phosphodiesterase PDE4D6 3
- Phosphodiesterase 4D, CAMP-Specific 2
External Ids for PDE4D Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for PDE4D Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PDE4D Gene
This gene encodes one of four mammalian counterparts to the fruit fly 'dunce' gene. The encoded protein has 3',5'-cyclic-AMP phosphodiesterase activity and degrades cAMP, which acts as a signal transduction molecule in multiple cell types. This gene uses different promoters to generate multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants that encode functional proteins.[provided by RefSeq, Sep 2009]
GeneCards Summary for PDE4D Gene
PDE4D (Phosphodiesterase 4D) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with PDE4D include Acrodysostosis 2 With Or Without Hormone Resistance and Acrodysostosis With Multiple Hormone Resistance. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Signal transduction_PKA signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include enzyme binding and protein domain specific binding. An important paralog of this gene is PDE4A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for PDE4D Gene
Hydrolyzes the second messenger cAMP, which is a key regulator of many important physiological processes.
Phosphodiesterases (PDEs) are a family of phosphohydrolyases that catalyze the hydrolysis of 3' cyclic phosphate bonds in adenosine and/or guanine 3',5' cyclic monophosphate (cAMP and/or cGMP). PDEs regulate the second messengers by controlling their degradation.