Aliases for PCBD2 Gene
- Pterin-4 Alpha-Carbinolamine Dehydratase 2 2 3 5
- Pterin-4 Alpha-Carbinolamine Dehydratase/Dimerization Cofactor Of Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor 1 Alpha (TCF1) 2 2 3
- 6-Pyruvoyl-Tetrahydropterin Synthase/Dimerization Cofactor Of Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor 1 Alpha (TCF1) 2 2 3
- Dimerization Cofactor Of Hepatocyte Nuclear Factor 1 From Muscle 3 4
- 4-Alpha-Hydroxy-Tetrahydropterin Dehydratase 2 3 4
- HNF-1-Alpha Dimerization Cofactor 3 4
- DcoH-Like Protein DCoHm 3 4
- PHS 2 3 4
External Ids for PCBD2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for PCBD2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for PCBD2 Gene
PCBD2 (Pterin-4 Alpha-Carbinolamine Dehydratase 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Folate biosynthesis. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include phenylalanine 4-monooxygenase activity and 4-alpha-hydroxytetrahydrobiopterin dehydratase activity. An important paralog of this gene is PCBD1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for PCBD2 Gene
Involved in tetrahydrobiopterin biosynthesis. Seems to both prevent the formation of 7-pterins and accelerate the formation of quinonoid-BH2 (By similarity).
Regulates the dimerization of homeodomain protein HNF-1-alpha and enhances its transcriptional activity.