Aliases for P4HA2 Gene
- Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase Subunit Alpha 2 2 3 5
- Procollagen-Proline, 2-Oxoglutarate 4-Dioxygenase (Proline 4-Hydroxylase), Alpha Polypeptide II 2 3
- Procollagen-Proline,2-Oxoglutarate-4-Dioxygenase Subunit Alpha-2 3 4
- Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase, Alpha Polypeptide II 2 3
- Collagen Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase Alpha(II) 2 3
- Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase Subunit Alpha-2 3 4
External Ids for P4HA2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for P4HA2 Gene
This gene encodes a component of prolyl 4-hydroxylase, a key enzyme in collagen synthesis composed of two identical alpha subunits and two beta subunits. The encoded protein is one of several different types of alpha subunits and provides the major part of the catalytic site of the active enzyme. In collagen and related proteins, prolyl 4-hydroxylase catalyzes the formation of 4-hydroxyproline that is essential to the proper three-dimensional folding of newly synthesized procollagen chains. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for P4HA2 Gene
P4HA2 (Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase Subunit Alpha 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with P4HA2 include Myopia 25, Autosomal Dominant and Myopia. Among its related pathways are Degradation of the extracellular matrix and Collagen chain trimerization. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity and electron transfer activity. An important paralog of this gene is P4HA1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for P4HA2 Gene
Catalyzes the post-translational formation of 4-hydroxyproline in -Xaa-Pro-Gly- sequences in collagens and other proteins.