Aliases for OPA3 Gene
- Outer Mitochondrial Membrane Lipid Metabolism Regulator OPA3 2 3 5
- Optic Atrophy 3 (Autosomal Recessive, With Chorea And Spastic Paraplegia) 2 3
- Optic Atrophy 3 Protein 3 4
- OPA3, Outer Mitochondrial Membrane Lipid Metabolism Regulator 2
- OPA3 Outer Mitochondrial Membrane Lipid Metabolism Regulator 3
- Optic Atrophy 3 (Iraqi-Jewish 'Optic Atrophy Plus') 3
- MGA3 3
External Ids for OPA3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for OPA3 Gene
The mouse ortholog of this protein co-purifies with the mitochondrial inner membrane. Mutations in this gene have been shown to result in 3-methylglutaconic aciduria type III and autosomal dominant optic atrophy and cataract. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Oct 2009]
GeneCards Summary for OPA3 Gene
OPA3 (Outer Mitochondrial Membrane Lipid Metabolism Regulator OPA3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with OPA3 include Optic Atrophy 3, Autosomal Dominant and 3-Methylglutaconic Aciduria, Type Iii.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for OPA3 Gene
May play some role in mitochondrial processes.