Aliases for NSUN6 Gene
- NOP2/Sun RNA Methyltransferase 6 2 3 5
- NOL1/NOP2/Sun And PUA Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- TRNA (Cytosine(72)-C(5))-Methyltransferase NSUN6 3 4
- NOL1/NOP2/Sun Domain Family, Member 6 2 3
- NOP2/Sun Domain Family, Member 6 2 3
- ARL5B Antisense RNA 1 2 3
- NOPD1 3 4
- Nucleolar Protein (NOL1/NOP2/Sun) And PUA Domains 1 3
External Ids for NSUN6 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NSUN6 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NSUN6 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NSUN6 Gene
NSUN6 (NOP2/Sun RNA Methyltransferase 6) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NSUN6 include Brugada Syndrome 4 and Short Qt Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Gene Expression and tRNA processing. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include RNA binding and methyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is NOP2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NSUN6 Gene
S-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase that specifically methylates the C5 position of cytosine 72 in tRNA(Thr)(TGT) and tRNA(Cys)(GCA) (PubMed:26160102, PubMed:27703015, PubMed:28531330). In vitro also methylates tRNA(Thr)(AGT) (PubMed:27703015, PubMed:26160102). Methylation requires, in the acceptor stem region, the presence of the 3'-CCA terminus, the target site C72, the discriminator base U73, and the second and third base pairs (2:71 and 3:70) in the tRNA substrates (PubMed:26160102, PubMed:27703015).