Aliases for NLRP8 Gene
- NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 8 2 3 5
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat And Pyrin Domain Containing 8 2 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 16 3 4
- NACHT, LRR And PYD Domains-Containing Protein 8 3 4
- NACHT, Leucine Rich Repeat And PYD Containing 8 2 3
External Ids for NLRP8 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NLRP8 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRP8 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain/ leucine rich repeat/ pyrin domain containing (NLRP) subfamily, which belongs to the Nod-like receptor family of proteins. NLRP genes play roles in the mammalian innate immune system through inflammasome formation and activation of caspases. In addition, NLRP genes have been found to function during mammalian reproduction. Consistent with a function during human preimplantation development, this gene is expressed at high levels in oocytes with decreased levels in embryos. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. [provided by RefSeq, Sep 2016]
GeneCards Summary for NLRP8 Gene
NLRP8 (NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 8) is a Protein Coding gene. An important paralog of this gene is NLRP14.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NLRP8 Gene
Involved in inflammation.