Aliases for NLRP14 Gene
- NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 14 2 3 5
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat And Pyrin Domain Containing 14 2 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 5 3 4
- NACHT, LRR And PYD Domains-Containing Protein 14 3 4
- NACHT, Leucine Rich Repeat And PYD Containing 14 2 3
External Ids for NLRP14 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NLRP14 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRP14 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene belongs to the NALP protein family. Members of the NALP protein family typically contain a NACHT domain, a NACHT-associated domain (NAD), a C-terminal leucine-rich repeat (LRR) region, and an N-terminal pyrin domain (PYD). This protein may play a regulatory role in the innate immune system as similar family members belong to the signal-induced multiprotein complex, the inflammasome, that activates the pro-inflammatory caspases, caspase-1 and caspase-5. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for NLRP14 Gene
NLRP14 (NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 14) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NLRP14 include Steroid-Induced Glaucoma and Penicilliosis. An important paralog of this gene is NLRP3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NLRP14 Gene
May be involved in inflammation and spermatogenesis.