Aliases for NLRP11 Gene
- NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 11 2 3 5
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain, Leucine Rich Repeat And Pyrin Domain Containing 11 2 3
- Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain Protein 17 3 4
- NACHT, LRR And PYD Domains-Containing Protein 11 3 4
- NACHT, Leucine Rich Repeat And PYD Containing 11 2 3
- PAAD-And NACHT Domain-Containing Protein 10 3 4
- PYRIN-Containing APAF1-Like Protein 6 3 4
External Ids for NLRP11 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NLRP11 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NLRP11 Gene
This gene is a member of the the NOD-like receptor protein (NLRP) gene family and encodes a protein with an N-terminal pyrin death (PYD) domain and nucleoside triphosphate hydrolase (NACHT) domain and a C-terminal leucine-rich repeats (LRR) region. This gene has been shown to regulate caspases in the proinflammatory signal transduction pathway and, based on studies of other members of the NLRP gene family with similar domain structure, is predicted to form part of the multiprotein inflammasome complex. Alternative splicing produces multiple transcript variants encoding distince isoforms. [provided by RefSeq, May 2017]
GeneCards Summary for NLRP11 Gene
NLRP11 (NLR Family Pyrin Domain Containing 11) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NLRP11 include Nemaline Myopathy 5. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include oxidoreductase activity, acting on paired donors, with incorporation or reduction of molecular oxygen, reduced ascorbate as one donor, and incorporation of one atom of oxygen. An important paralog of this gene is NLRP4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NLRP11 Gene
Involved in inflammation.