Aliases for NDFIP2 Gene
- Nedd4 Family Interacting Protein 2 2 3 5
- Putative MAPK-Activating Protein PM04/PM05/PM06/PM07 3 4
- Putative NF-Kappa-B-Activating Protein 413 3 4
- NEDD4 Family-Interacting Protein 2 3 4
- NEDD4 WW Domain-Binding Protein 5A 3 4
- N4WBP5A 3 4
- MAPK-Activating Protein PM04 PM05 PM06 PM07 3
- NF-Kappa-B-Activating Protein 413 3
- KIAA1165 4
External Ids for NDFIP2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NDFIP2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NDFIP2 Gene
NDFIP2 (Nedd4 Family Interacting Protein 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include obsolete signal transducer activity and WW domain binding. An important paralog of this gene is NDFIP1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NDFIP2 Gene
Activates HECT domain-containing E3 ubiquitin-protein ligases, including ITCH, NEDD4, NEDD4L, SMURF2, WWP1 and WWP2, and consequently modulates the stability of their targets. As a result, may control many cellular processes. Recruits ITCH, NEDD4 and SMURF2 to endosomal membranes. Negatively regulates KCNH2 potassium channel activity by decreasing its cell-surface expression and interfering with channel maturation through recruitment of NEDD4L to the Golgi apparatus and multivesicular body where it mediates KCNH2 degradation (PubMed:26363003). May modulate EGFR signaling. Together with NDFIP1, limits the cytokine signaling and expansion of effector Th2 T-cells by promoting degradation of JAK1, probably by ITCH- and NEDD4L-mediated ubiquitination (By similarity).