Aliases for NACA2 Gene
- Nascent Polypeptide Associated Complex Subunit Alpha 2 2 3 5
- Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex Subunit Alpha-2 3 4
- Alpha-NAC Protein 2 3
- NACAL 3 4
- Nascent-Polypeptide-Associated Complex Alpha Polypeptide-Like 2
- IgE Autoantigen Alpha-Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex 3
- Nascent Polypeptide-Associated Complex, Alpha Polypeptide, 2 3
External Ids for NACA2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for NACA2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for NACA2 Gene
GeneCards Summary for NACA2 Gene
NACA2 (Nascent Polypeptide Associated Complex Subunit Alpha 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with NACA2 include Scleral Staphyloma and Melon Allergy. An important paralog of this gene is NACA.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for NACA2 Gene
Prevents inappropriate targeting of non-secretory polypeptides to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Binds to nascent polypeptide chains as they emerge from the ribosome and blocks their interaction with the signal recognition particle (SRP), which normally targets nascent secretory peptides to the ER. Also reduces the inherent affinity of ribosomes for protein translocation sites in the ER membrane (M sites) (By similarity).