Aliases for MZB1 Gene
- Marginal Zone B And B1 Cell Specific Protein 2 3 5
- Plasma Cell-Induced Resident Endoplasmic Reticulum Protein 3 4
- Mesenteric Oestrogen-Dependent Adipose Gene- 7 2 3
- Mesenteric Estrogen-Dependent Adipose 7 3 4
- Plasma Cell-Induced Resident ER Protein 3 4
- Proapoptotic Caspase Adapter Protein 3 4
- Proapoptotic Caspase Adaptor Protein 2 3
- Plasma Cell-Induced ER Protein 1 2 3
- MEDA-7 3 4
External Ids for MZB1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MZB1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for MZB1 Gene
MZB1 (Marginal Zone B And B1 Cell Specific Protein) is a Protein Coding gene.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MZB1 Gene
Associates with immunoglobulin M (IgM) heavy and light chains and promotes IgM assembly and secretion. May exert its effect by acting as a molecular chaperone or as an oxidoreductase as it displays a low level of oxidoreductase activity (By similarity). Isoform 2 may be involved in regulation of apoptosis. Helps to diversify peripheral B-cell functions by regulating Ca(2+) stores, antibody secretion and integrin activation.
Acts as a hormone-regulated adipokine/proinflammatory cytokine that is implicated in causing chronic inflammation, affecting cellular expansion and blunting insulin response in adipocytes. May have a role in the onset of insulin resistance.