Aliases for MYL3 Gene
- Myosin Light Chain 3 2 3 3 5
- Myosin, Light Polypeptide 3, Alkali; Ventricular, Skeletal, Slow 2 3
- Myosin Light Chain 1, Slow-Twitch Muscle B/Ventricular Isoform 3 4
- Myosin, Light Chain 3, Alkali; Ventricular, Skeletal, Slow 2 3
- Ventricular/Slow Twitch Myosin Alkali Light Chain 3 4
- Ventricular Myosin Alkali Light Chain 3 4
- Ventricular Myosin Light Chain 1 3 4
- Cardiac Myosin Light Chain 1 3 4
External Ids for MYL3 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MYL3 Gene
MYL3 encodes myosin light chain 3, an alkali light chain also referred to in the literature as both the ventricular isoform and the slow skeletal muscle isoform. Mutations in MYL3 have been identified as a cause of mid-left ventricular chamber type hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for MYL3 Gene
MYL3 (Myosin Light Chain 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MYL3 include Cardiomyopathy, Familial Hypertrophic, 8 and Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Among its related pathways are ERK Signaling and Cytoskeleton remodeling Regulation of actin cytoskeleton by Rho GTPases. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include calcium ion binding and structural constituent of muscle. An important paralog of this gene is MYL4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for MYL3 Gene
Regulatory light chain of myosin. Does not bind calcium.
Myosins are a large family of motor proteins that share the common features of ATP hydrolysis (ATPase enzyme activity), actin binding and potential for kinetic energy transduction. Originally isolated from muscle cells, almost all eukaryotic cells are known to contain myosins.