Aliases for MGAT5B Gene
- Alpha-1,6-Mannosylglycoprotein 6-Beta-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase B 2 3 4 5
- Mannosyl (Alpha-1,6-)-Glycoprotein Beta-1,6-N-Acetyl-Glucosaminyltransferase, Isozyme B 2 3
- Alpha-Mannoside Beta-1,6-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase B 3 4
- Mannoside Acetylglucosaminyltransferase 5B 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyl-Transferase Vb 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IX 3 4
- GlcNAc-T Vb 3 4
- HGnTVb 3 4
External Ids for MGAT5B Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MGAT5B Gene
The MGAT5B gene encodes a beta-1,6-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase (EC 22.214.171.124) that functions in the synthesis of complex cell surface N-glycans (Kaneko et al., 2003 [PubMed 14623122]).[supplied by OMIM, Nov 2008]
GeneCards Summary for MGAT5B Gene
MGAT5B (Alpha-1,6-Mannosylglycoprotein 6-Beta-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase B) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MGAT5B include Walker-Warburg Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Metabolism and Mannose type O-glycan biosynthesis. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include alpha-1,6-mannosylglycoprotein 6-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is MGAT5.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for MGAT5B Gene
Glycosyltransferase that acts on alpha-linked mannose of N-glycans and O-mannosyl glycans. Catalyzes the transfer of N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) to the beta 1-6 linkage of the mannose residue of GlcNAc-beta1,2-Man-alpha on both the alpha1,3- and alpha1,6-linked mannose arms in the core structure of N-glycan. Also acts on the GlcNAc-beta1,2-Man-alpha1-Ser/Thr moiety, forming a 2,6-branched structure in brain O-mannosyl glycan. Plays an active role in modulating integrin and laminin-dependent adhesion and migration of neuronal cells via its activity in the O-mannosyl glycan pathway.