Aliases for MGAT4C Gene
- MGAT4 Family Member C 2 3 5
- Mannosyl (Alpha-1,3-)-Glycoprotein Beta-1,4-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase, Isozyme C (Putative) 2 3
- UDP-N-Acetylglucosamine: Alpha-1,3-D-Mannoside Beta-1,4-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- N-Glycosyl-Oligosaccharide-Glycoprotein N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- Alpha-1,3-Mannosyl-Glycoprotein 4-Beta-N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase C 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IV Homolog 3 4
- N-Acetylglucosaminyltransferase IVc 3 4
- GlcNAc-T IVc 3 4
External Ids for MGAT4C Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for MGAT4C Gene
GeneCards Summary for MGAT4C Gene
MGAT4C (MGAT4 Family Member C) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with MGAT4C include Congenital Muscular Dystrophy-Dystroglycanopathy Type A11 and Glycogen Storage Disease Iii. Among its related pathways are Metabolism of proteins and Transport to the Golgi and subsequent modification. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring hexosyl groups and alpha-1,3-mannosylglycoprotein 4-beta-N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase activity. An important paralog of this gene is MGAT4A.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for MGAT4C Gene
Glycosyltransferase that participates in the transfer of N-acetylglucosamine (GlcNAc) to the core mannose residues of N-linked glycans. Catalyzes the formation of the GlcNAcbeta1-4 branch on the GlcNAcbeta1-2Manalpha1-3 arm of the core structure of N-linked glycans. Essential for the production of tri- and tetra-antennary N-linked sugar chains (By similarity). Does not catalyze the transfer of GlcNAc to the Manalpha1-6 arm to form GlcNAcBeta1-4Manalpha1-6 linkage ('GnT-VI' activity).