Aliases for LSM4 Gene
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 2 3 5
- U6 SnRNA-Associated Sm-Like Protein LSm4 3 4
- Glycine-Rich Protein 3 4
- GRP 3 4
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated (S. Cerevisiae) 2
- LSM4 U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated 3
- LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA Associated 3
- YER112W 3
External Ids for LSM4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LSM4 Gene
This gene encodes a member of the LSm family of RNA-binding proteins. LSm proteins form stable heteromers that bind specifically to the 3'-terminal oligo(U) tract of U6 snRNA and may play a role in pre-mRNA splicing by mediating U4/U6 snRNP formation. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2011]
GeneCards Summary for LSM4 Gene
LSM4 (LSM4 Homolog, U6 Small Nuclear RNA And MRNA Degradation Associated) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Deadenylation-dependent mRNA decay and Gene Expression. An important paralog of this gene is SNRPD3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for LSM4 Gene
Plays role in pre-mRNA splicing as component of the U4/U6-U5 tri-snRNP complex that is involved in spliceosome assembly, and as component of the precatalytic spliceosome (spliceosome B complex) (PubMed:28781166). The heptameric LSM2-8 complex binds specifically to the 3'-terminal U-tract of U6 snRNA (PubMed:10523320).