Aliases for LINGO1 Gene
- Leucine Rich Repeat And Ig Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- LERN1 2 3 4
- Leucine-Rich Repeat And Immunoglobulin-Like Domain-Containing Nogo Receptor-Interacting Protein 1 3 4
- Leucine-Rich Repeat And Immunoglobulin Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Leucine-Rich Repeat Neuronal Protein 1 3 4
- Leucine Rich Repeat Neuronal 6A 2 3
External Ids for LINGO1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for LINGO1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for LINGO1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for LINGO1 Gene
LINGO1 (Leucine Rich Repeat And Ig Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with LINGO1 include Mental Retardation, Autosomal Recessive 64 and Essential Tremor. Among its related pathways are Signaling by GPCR and Cytoskeleton remodeling Regulation of actin cytoskeleton by Rho GTPases. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include epidermal growth factor receptor binding. An important paralog of this gene is LINGO2.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for LINGO1 Gene
Functional component of the Nogo receptor signaling complex (RTN4R/NGFR) in RhoA activation responsible for some inhibition of axonal regeneration by myelin-associated factors (PubMed:14966521, PubMed:15694321). Is also an important negative regulator of oligodentrocyte differentiation and axonal myelination (PubMed:15895088). Acts in conjunction with RTN4 and RTN4R in regulating neuronal precursor cell motility during cortical development (By similarity).