Aliases for KNDC1 Gene
- Kinase Non-Catalytic C-Lobe Domain Containing 1 2 3 5
- Kinase Non-Catalytic C-Lobe Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Kinase Non-Catalytic C-Lobe Domain (KIND) Containing 1 2 3
- Ras-GEF Domain-Containing Family Member 2 3 4
- KIND Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- RasGEF Domain Family, Member 2 2 3
- Cerebral Protein 9 3 4
External Ids for KNDC1 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for KNDC1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KNDC1 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a Ras guanine nucleotide exchange factor that appears to negatively regulate dendritic growth in the brain. Knockdown of this gene in senescent umbilical vein endothelial cells partially reversed the senescence, showing that this gene could potentially be targeted by anti-aging therapies. [provided by RefSeq, Dec 2016]
GeneCards Summary for KNDC1 Gene
KNDC1 (Kinase Non-Catalytic C-Lobe Domain Containing 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with KNDC1 include Flying Phobia and Loeffler Syndrome. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include transferase activity, transferring phosphorus-containing groups and Ras guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for KNDC1 Gene
RAS-Guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) that controls the negative regulation of neuronal dendrite growth by mediating a signaling pathway linking RAS and MAP2 (By similarity). May be involved in cellular senescence (PubMed:24788352).