Aliases for KCTD13 Gene
- Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain Containing 13 2 3 5
- Polymerase Delta-Interacting Protein 1 2 3 4
- POLDIP1 2 3 4
- PDIP1 2 3 4
- BTB/POZ Domain-Containing Adapter For CUL3-Mediated RhoA Degradation Protein 1 3 4
- Potassium Channel Tetramerisation Domain Containing 13 2 3
- BTB/POZ Domain-Containing Protein KCTD13 3 4
External Ids for KCTD13 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCTD13 Gene
GeneCards Summary for KCTD13 Gene
KCTD13 (Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain Containing 13) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with KCTD13 include Osteoarthritis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Among its related pathways are Neuropathic Pain-Signaling in Dorsal Horn Neurons and Sweet Taste Signaling. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include identical protein binding and protein domain specific binding. An important paralog of this gene is KCTD10.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for KCTD13 Gene
Substrate-specific adapter of a BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex required for synaptic transmission (PubMed:19782033). The BCR(KCTD13) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex mediates the ubiquitination of RHOA, leading to its degradation by the proteasome (PubMed:19782033) Degradation of RHOA regulates the actin cytoskeleton and promotes synaptic transmission (By similarity).