Aliases for KCTD11 Gene
- Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain Containing 11 2 3 5
- Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain-Containing Protein 11 3 4
- Potassium Channel Tetramerisation Domain Containing 11 2 3
- RING-Type E3 Ubiquitin Transferase Subunit KCTD11 3 4
- C17orf36 3 4
- REN 3 4
- Retinoic Acid, EGF, NGF Induced Gene/Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain Containing 11 3
- Retinoic Acid, EGF, NGF Induced Gene Protein 3
External Ids for KCTD11 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for KCTD11 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for KCTD11 Gene
GeneCards Summary for KCTD11 Gene
KCTD11 (Potassium Channel Tetramerization Domain Containing 11) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with KCTD11 include Medulloblastoma and Infratentorial Cancer. Among its related pathways are Neuropathic Pain-Signaling in Dorsal Horn Neurons and Activation of cAMP-Dependent PKA. An important paralog of this gene is KCTD21.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCTD11 Gene
Plays a role as a marker and a regulator of neuronal differentiation; Up-regulated by a variety of neurogenic signals, such as retinoic acid, epidermal growth factor/EGF and NGFB/nerve growth factor. Induces apoptosis, growth arrest and the expression of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor CDKN1B. Plays a role as a tumor repressor and inhibits cell growth and tumorigenicity of medulloblastoma (MDB). Acts as probable substrate-specific adapter for a BCR (BTB-CUL3-RBX1) E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex towards HDAC1. Functions as antagonist of the Hedgehog pathway on cell proliferation and differentiation by affecting the nuclear transfer of transcription factor GLI1, thus maintaining cerebellar granule cells in undifferentiated state, this effect probably occurs via HDAC1 down-regulation, keeping GLI1 acetylated and inactive. When knock-down, Hedgehog antagonism is impaired and proliferation of granule cells is sustained. Activates the caspase cascade.