Aliases for KCNE5 Gene
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Subfamily E Regulatory Subunit 5 2 3 5
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel, Isk-Related Family, Member 1-Like 2 3
- Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Subfamily E Member 1-Like Protein 3 4
- AMME Syndrome Candidate Gene 2 Protein 3 4
- Potassium Channel Subunit Beta MiRP4 3 4
- KCNE1L 3 4
- Potassium Channel, Voltage Gated Subfamily E Regulatory Beta Subunit 5 2
External Ids for KCNE5 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for KCNE5 Gene
This gene encodes a member of a family of single pass transmembrane domain proteins that function as ancillary subunits to voltage-gated potassium channels. Members of this family affect diverse processes in potassium channel regulation, including ion selectivity, voltage dependence, and anterograde recycling from the plasma membrane. Variants of this gene are associated with idiopathic ventricular fibrillation and Brugada syndrome. [provided by RefSeq, Nov 2016]
GeneCards Summary for KCNE5 Gene
KCNE5 (Potassium Voltage-Gated Channel Subfamily E Regulatory Subunit 5) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with KCNE5 include Alport Syndrome-Intellectual Disability-Midface Hypoplasia-Elliptocytosis Syndrome and Brugada Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Cardiac conduction and Phase 0 - rapid depolarisation. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include ion channel binding and potassium channel regulator activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for KCNE5 Gene
Potassium channel ancillary subunit that is essential for generation of some native K(+) currents by virtue of formation of heteromeric ion channel complex with voltage-gated potassium (Kv) channel pore-forming alpha subunits. Functions as an inhibitory beta-subunit of the repolarizing cardiac potassium ion channel KCNQ1.