Aliases for IQSEC2 Gene
- IQ Motif And Sec7 Domain 2 2 3 5
- Mental Retardation, X-Linked 18 2 3
- Brefeldin A Resistant Arf-Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor 1b 3
- Brefeldin A Resistant Arf-Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor 1c 3
- Brefeldin A Resistant Arf-Guanine Nucleotide Exchange Factor 1 3
- Mental Retardation, X-Linked 1 (Non-Dysmorphic) 2
- IQ Motif And SEC7 Domain-Containing Protein 2 3
External Ids for IQSEC2 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for IQSEC2 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for IQSEC2 Gene
This gene encodes a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the ARF family of small GTP-binding proteins. The encoded protein is a component of the postsynaptic density at excitatory synapses, and may play a critical role in cytoskeletal and synaptic organization through the activation of selected ARF substrates including ARF1 and ARF6. Mutations in this gene have been implicated in nonsyndromic X-linked cognitive disability. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011]
GeneCards Summary for IQSEC2 Gene
IQSEC2 (IQ Motif And Sec7 Domain 2) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with IQSEC2 include Severe Intellectual Disability-Progressive Postnatal Microcephaly-Midline Stereotypic Hand Movements Syndrome and X-Linked Non-Specific Intellectual Disability. Among its related pathways are Endocytosis. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include ARF guanyl-nucleotide exchange factor activity. An important paralog of this gene is IQSEC1.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for IQSEC2 Gene
Is a guanine nucleotide exchange factor for the ARF GTP-binding proteins.