Aliases for INPP5A Gene
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A 2 3 4 5
- Type I Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate 5-Phosphatase 3 4
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kDa 2 3
- 43 KDa Inositol Polyphosphate 5-Phosphatase 3 4
- 43 KDa Inositol Polyphosphate 5-Phophatase 2 3
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kD 2 3
- CTCL Tumor Antigen HD-CL-02 2 3
External Ids for INPP5A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for INPP5A Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a membrane-associated type I inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) 5-phosphatase. InsP3 5-phosphatases hydrolyze Ins(1,4,5)P3, which mobilizes intracellular calcium and acts as a second messenger mediating cell responses to various stimulation. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for INPP5A Gene
INPP5A (Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Inositol phosphate metabolism and superpathway of inositol phosphate compounds. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include inositol-polyphosphate 5-phosphatase activity and inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for INPP5A Gene
Phosphatase that specifically hydrolyzes the 5-phosphate of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate to inositol 1,4-bisphosphate, and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrasphosphate to inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate.