Aliases for INPP5A Gene
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A 2 3 4 5
- 5PTASE 2 3 4
- Type I Inositol 1,4,5-Trisphosphate 5-Phosphatase 3 4
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kDa 2 3
- 43 KDa Inositol Polyphosphate 5-Phosphatase 3 4
- 43 KDa Inositol Polyphosphate 5-Phophatase 2 3
- Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase, 40kD 2 3
- CTCL Tumor Antigen HD-CL-02 2 3
External Ids for INPP5A Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for INPP5A Gene
The protein encoded by this gene is a membrane-associated type I inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) 5-phosphatase. InsP3 5-phosphatases hydrolyze Ins(1,4,5)P3, which mobilizes intracellular calcium and acts as a second messenger mediating cell responses to various stimulation. [provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008]
GeneCards Summary for INPP5A Gene
INPP5A (Inositol Polyphosphate-5-Phosphatase A) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with INPP5A include Alternating Esotropia and Lowe Oculocerebrorenal Syndrome. Among its related pathways are Inositol phosphate metabolism (KEGG) and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include inositol-polyphosphate 5-phosphatase activity and inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 5-phosphatase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for INPP5A Gene
Phosphatase that specifically hydrolyzes the 5-phosphate of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate to inositol 1,4-bisphosphate, and inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrasphosphate to inositol 1,3,4-trisphosphate.