Aliases for IMP4 Gene
- IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein 2 3 5
- Brix Domain-Containing Protein 4 3 4
- U3 SnoRNP Protein IMP4 3 4
- BXDC4 3 4
- IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein, Homolog 3
- IMP4 Homolog, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein 3
- U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein Protein IMP4 3
- U3 SnoRNP Protein 4 Homolog 3
External Ids for IMP4 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for IMP4 Gene
The protein encoded by this gene, along with IMP3 and MPP10, is part of the 60-80S U3 small nucleolar ribonucleoprotein (U3 snoRNP) complex. This complex is necessary for the early cleavage steps of pre-18S ribosomal RNA processing. Several transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene. [provided by RefSeq, Feb 2016]
GeneCards Summary for IMP4 Gene
IMP4 (IMP4, U3 Small Nucleolar Ribonucleoprotein) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with IMP4 include Congenital Disorder Of Glycosylation, Type Iio. Among its related pathways are rRNA processing in the nucleus and cytosol and MAPK-Erk Pathway. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include snoRNA binding and rRNA primary transcript binding.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for IMP4 Gene
Component of the 60-80S U3 small nucleolar ribonucleoprotein (U3 snoRNP). Required for the early cleavages during pre-18S ribosomal RNA processing.