Aliases for HMGCLL1 Gene
- Endoplasmic Reticulum 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase 3
- 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase-Like Protein 1 3
- 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase, Cytoplasmic 3
- Probable 3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase 2 3
- 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase, Cytoplasmic 4
- BA418P12.1 3
External Ids for HMGCLL1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HMGCLL1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HMGCLL1 Gene
HMGCLL1 (3-Hydroxymethyl-3-Methylglutaryl-CoA Lyase Like 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with HMGCLL1 include Breast Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma and Hepatic Infarction. Among its related pathways are Valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation and Ketone body metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include lyase activity and hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA lyase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HMGCL.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for HMGCLL1 Gene
Non-mitochondrial 3-hydroxymethyl-3-methylglutaryl-CoA lyase that catalyzes a cation-dependent cleavage of (S)-3-hydroxy-3-methylglutaryl-CoA into acetyl-CoA and acetoacetate, a key step in ketogenesis, the products of which support energy production in nonhepatic animal tissues.