Aliases for HMCES Gene
- 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine Binding, ES Cell Specific 2 5
- Embryonic Stem Cell-Specific 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine-Binding Protein 2 3
- 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine (HmC) Binding, ES Cell-Specific 2 3
- ES Cell-Specific 5hmC-Binding Protein 3 4
- SRAP Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Putative Peptidase SRAPD1 3 4
- C3orf37 3 4
External Ids for HMCES Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for HMCES Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for HMCES Gene
GeneCards Summary for HMCES Gene
HMCES (5-Hydroxymethylcytosine Binding, ES Cell Specific) is a Protein Coding gene. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include peptidase activity.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HMCES Gene
Specifically binds 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5hmC)-containing DNA in stem cells, suggesting that it acts as a specific reader of 5hmC in stem cells (By similarity). May act as a peptidase; experimental evidences are however required to confirm this prediction (PubMed:23945014).