Aliases for HACD3 Gene
- 3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydratase 3 2 3 4 5
- Protein-Tyrosine Phosphatase-Like A Domain-Containing Protein 1 3 4
- Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase-Like A Domain Containing 1 2 3
- Very-Long-Chain (3R)-3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydratase 3 2 3
- Butyrate-Induced Protein 1 3 4
- PTPLAD1 3 4
- BIND1 3 4
- Very-Long-Chain (3R)-3-Hydroxyacyl-[Acyl-Carrier Protein] Dehydratase 3 3
External Ids for HACD3 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for HACD3 Gene
GeneCards Summary for HACD3 Gene
HACD3 (3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydratase 3) is a Protein Coding gene. Among its related pathways are Fatty Acyl-CoA Biosynthesis and Metabolism. Gene Ontology (GO) annotations related to this gene include enzyme binding and lyase activity. An important paralog of this gene is HACD4.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for HACD3 Gene
Catalyzes the third of the four reactions of the long-chain fatty acids elongation cycle. This endoplasmic reticulum-bound enzymatic process, allows the addition of two carbons to the chain of long- and very long-chain fatty acids/VLCFAs per cycle. This enzyme catalyzes the dehydration of the 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA intermediate into trans-2,3-enoyl-CoA, within each cycle of fatty acid elongation. Thereby, it participates in the production of VLCFAs of different chain lengths that are involved in multiple biological processes as precursors of membrane lipids and lipid mediators. May be involved in Rac1-signaling pathways leading to the modulation of gene expression. Promotes insulin receptor/INSR autophosphorylation and is involved in INSR internalization (PubMed:25687571).