Aliases for GTF3C1 Gene
- General Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit 1 2 3 5
- General Transcription Factor IIIC, Polypeptide 1, Alpha 220kDa 2 3
- General Transcription Factor 3C Polypeptide 1 3 4
- Transcription Factor IIIC 220 KDa Subunit 3 4
- Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit Alpha 3 4
- TFIIIC Box B-Binding Subunit 3 4
- TFIIIC 220 KDa Subunit 3 4
External Ids for GTF3C1 Gene
Previous GeneCards Identifiers for GTF3C1 Gene
GeneCards Summary for GTF3C1 Gene
GTF3C1 (General Transcription Factor IIIC Subunit 1) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GTF3C1 include Spinal Muscular Atrophy, Distal, Autosomal Recessive, 1. Among its related pathways are RNA Polymerase III Transcription Initiation and Transcription of tRNA.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot for GTF3C1 Gene
Required for RNA polymerase III-mediated transcription. Component of TFIIIC that initiates transcription complex assembly on tRNA and is required for transcription of 5S rRNA and other stable nuclear and cytoplasmic RNAs. Binds to the box B promoter element.