Aliases for GPAT4 Gene
- Glycerol-3-Phosphate Acyltransferase 4 2 3 4 5
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 6 (Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase, Zeta) 2 3
- Testis Spermatogenesis Apoptosis-Related Protein 7 3 4
- 1-Acylglycerol-3-Phosphate O-Acyltransferase 6 2 4
- Lysophosphatidic Acid Acyltransferase Zeta 3 4
- 1-AGP Acyltransferase 6 3 4
- EC 126.96.36.199 4 52
- LPAAT-Zeta 3 4
External Ids for GPAT4 Gene
Previous HGNC Symbols for GPAT4 Gene
Lysophosphatidic acid acyltransferases (EC 188.8.131.52) catalyze the conversion of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) to phosphatidic acid (PA). LPA and PA are involved in signal transduction and lipid biosynthesis.[supplied by OMIM, Apr 2004]
GeneCards Summary for GPAT4 Gene
GPAT4 (Glycerol-3-Phosphate Acyltransferase 4) is a Protein Coding gene. Diseases associated with GPAT4 include Complete Generalized Lipodystrophy and Congenital Generalized Lipodystrophy. Among its related pathways are Acyl chain remodelling of PE and Metabolism. An important paralog of this gene is GPAT3.
UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot Summary for GPAT4 Gene
Converts glycerol-3-phosphate to 1-acyl-sn-glycerol-3-phosphate (lysophosphatidic acid or LPA) by incorporating an acyl moiety at the sn-1 position of the glycerol backbone (PubMed:18238778). Active against both saturated and unsaturated long-chain fatty acyl-CoAs (PubMed:18238778).